The following categories of persons are classified as Prohibited Immigrants in Kenya and accordingly shall not be issued with visas or permitted to enter Kenya:
- Any persons incapable of supporting himself/herself or his/her accompanying dependants in Kenya.
- Any person suffering from a mental disorder or being a mental defective.
- Any person who refused to submit to medical examination on arrival when required to do so by an Immigration Officer in accordance with the provisions of the Immigration Act.
- Any person certified by a Medical practitioner to be suffering from a disease, which shall make his/her presence in Kenya undesirable on medical grounds.
- Any person who, not having received a free pardon has been convicted in any country including Kenya, of murder, or of any offence for which a sentence of imprisonment has been passed for any term and who, by reasons of such conviction and imprisonment is considered to be an undesirable immigrant.
- Any person whose entry and presence in Kenya is deemed by the Minister to be contrary to national interests, including persons suspected to be involved with or sympathetic to terrorist groups.
- Any prostitute or person living on or receiving or who has lived on or received the proceeds of prostitution.
- Any person in respect of whom there is in force an order directing him/her to remain out of Kenya.
- Any dependants of the persons mentioned in the foregoing categories and classes.
- Any person who is involved or suspected to be involved in illicit trafficking and trade in narcotics.
- Any person or groups of persons who are involved or suspected to be involved in human trafficking.
- Any person involved or suspected to be involved in illicit arms trade.
- Any person involved or suspected to be involved in money laundering.
- Any person who, upon entering or seeking to enter Kenya fails to produce a valid passport to an Immigration Officer on demand or within such time as that officer may allow.
Any person whose presence in or entry into Kenya is unlawful under any written law other than the Immigration Act (Cap 172) Laws of Kenya.
Any dependants of the persons mentioned in the foregoing categories and classes.